We’ll protect your client’s people when things go wrong, at home or abroad, with our personal accident and travel insurance. Our flexible coverage is tailored to the individual client needs and can include:
- Death, permanent or temporary disablement tailored to business needs.
- Cover for all employees, with no pre-existing conditions exclusion.
- Cover for all trades, occupations or activities.
- All countries included, even those in disturbed areas (except where restricted by law)
- Evacuation cover following any cause, including terrorism and natural disaster.
- No excess – unless specifically agreed with clients.
- Bespoke claims handling and quick claims settlements - small baggage and money losses usually settled within 24 hours.
- Compliant global programmes tailored to suit business needs
- Multinational corporations
- Small, medium, and large employers
- Financial institutions
- Educational institutions
- Affinity groups – sports teams, unions, clubs, societies & volunteer groups
- Airlines, cruise lines, travel agencies, and tour operators
Benefits & Services
Reducing and preventing risks
Our expert advisors and services help your clients identify and reduce the risks their employees will face before travel. These services include:
- Travel risk policy: we can help review your client’s travel risk policy, or put one together for them.
- Pre-travel medical assessment: for employees going overseas for long periods.
- Essential information storage: secure storage for travel and health information.
- Pre-travel medical and security expert advice: on the phone and online.
- Detailed preparation reports: for current ‘high risk’ areas or perils.
Support when and where people need it
We’ll offer practical help and support for employees while they’re abroad, to ensure that our client’s employees get the help they need if an incident does occur. These services include:
- Crisis response: expert medical and security crisis response and evacuation.
- Home emergency response: help if something goes wrong at home.
- Identity theft helpline: advice and help to minimise the impact of identity fraud.
- Corporate reputation protection: engagement of crisis management consultant to help manage a crisis and safeguard your business’s reputation.
- Emergency cash advance: in the event of an emergency.
- Lost baggage location: helping you find lost bags and tickets.
- Counselling and emotional support: 24/7 access to qualified counsellors when things don’t go to plan.
- State benefit advice: help with navigating local health and welfare systems.
- Online GP appointments: we can arrange convenient consultations with an experienced doctor and offer support to those posted overseas for longer durations. Second medical opinion: supported by telemedicine and radiology where necessary.
- Emergency communication: we’ll make sure messages get through in an emergency.
- Family liaison officer: keeping loved ones informed in a crisis.
Additional services available:
- Crisis and response planning
- Close protection bodyguard services
- High-risk area preparation
- Travel awareness training
- Concierge services
- Specialist traveller risk management – for specific groups
- Bespoke medical country reports
- Meet and greet service
Our support and response partners
- Travel assistance and medical support providers Healix International and International Medical Group (IMG)
- Leading security consultants, Drum Cussac and S-RM
- Health and wellbeing specialists, Morneau Shepell
The Protect & Assist mobile app enables you to:
- Access urgent assistance in a medical or security situation
- Access detailed Country Advice including Emergency Contacts, Travel Risk Advice and Country Risk Rating
- Consider our pre travel Checklist
- “Check In” to tell people you are safe including your location
- Notify us of a claim
This general product description is informational only. It is neither an offer to sell nor a solicitation to purchase any particular insurance product. Products are subject to legal and underwriting requirements. Coverages may not be available in all jurisdictions, including without limitation any jurisdiction within the United States, and may be available only through appropriately licensed producers. In addition, GAPS’s provision of publications or services is not an indication of the existence or availability under any policy of coverage for any particular property or type of loss or damage. Policies underwritten from Bermuda, Brazil, Canada, China, Mexico, Switzerland, or written by XL Insurance Company SE are only available through non US-based brokers. The Insurance companies of XL Group Ltd are: Catlin Insurance Company, Inc., Catlin Indemnity Company, Catlin Specialty Insurance Company, Greenwich Insurance Company, Indian Harbor Insurance Company, XL Insurance America, Inc., XL Specialty Insurance Company, XL Bermuda Ltd, XL Insurance Company SE, XL Insurance Switzerland Ltd, XL Insurance (China) Company Limited, XL Seguros Brasil S.A. and XL Insurance Mexico SA de CV. Coverages placed with Lloyd’s Syndicate #2003 are managed by Catlin Underwriting Agencies Limited and supported by XL Catlin corporate capital. Additional important information regarding our business is provided on our Legal Notices page.