Includes comprehensive coverage for Cyber, Data Protection and Media such as:
- Privacy & security liability
- Data breach response and crisis management
- Privacy regulatory defence costs and coverage for any regulatory fine and penalties (where insurable by law) arising from a privacy or security wrongful act
- Payment card industry fines/assessments
- Business interruption and extra expense
- Data recovery
- Cyber extortion
What makes our policy different?
Our policy form is written in a way that is easy to read and navigate. Our policy includes broad terms and extensive coverage for emerging risks.
More specifically, the policy provides for:
- Expanded privacy and security coverage to include confidential business information in addition to personally identifiable information and protected health information
- Broad definition of personally identifiable information (PII) includes unencrypted information
- Enhanced privacy regulatory coverage including any fines and penalties assessed (where insurable by law) arising from a privacy or security wrongful act
- One coverage grant for data breach response and crisis management costs, including voluntary notification and the costs of a PCI forensic investigator to conduct an audit after a breach or suspected breach
- Coverage for PCI fines and assessments available by endorsement
- Coverage for a wide range of business interruption trigger (including outsource service providers) available by endorsement
When a data breach, virus or business interruption event occurs, response time is critical. We’ve partnered with leading global breach response providers to help you navigate these sensitive situations.
Breach response partners
As part of our Cyber coverage, we provide access to best-in-class breach response services with specialised teams who are ready to help 24/7.
They specialise in:
- Computer forensics
- Data breach notification and call centre services
- Credit and ID monitoring
- Expert legal counsel
- Public relations
Contact us for more information on our partners.
This general product description is informational only. It is neither an offer to sell nor a solicitation to purchase any particular insurance product. Products are subject to legal and underwriting requirements. Coverages may not be available in all jurisdictions, including without limitation any jurisdiction within the United States, and may be available only through appropriately licensed producers. In addition, GAPS’s provision of publications or services is not an indication of the existence or availability under any policy of coverage for any particular property or type of loss or damage. Policies underwritten from Bermuda, Brazil, Canada, China, Mexico, Switzerland, or written by XL Insurance Company SE are only available through non US-based brokers. The Insurance companies of XL Group Ltd are: Catlin Insurance Company, Inc., Catlin Indemnity Company, Catlin Specialty Insurance Company, Greenwich Insurance Company, Indian Harbor Insurance Company, XL Insurance America, Inc., XL Specialty Insurance Company, XL Bermuda Ltd, XL Insurance Company SE, XL Insurance Switzerland Ltd, XL Insurance (China) Company Limited, XL Seguros Brasil S.A. and XL Insurance Mexico SA de CV. Coverages placed with Lloyd’s Syndicate #2003 are managed by Catlin Underwriting Agencies Limited and supported by XL Catlin corporate capital. Additional important information regarding our business is provided on our Legal Notices page.