Up to USD 50 Million
XL Catlin offers broad form Side A directors and officers coverage on a primary or an excess difference-in-conditions (DIC) basis with no minimum attachment.
The Side A DIC policy provides coverage for the management team in circumstances when the underlying insurer and company are unable or unwilling to provide them with indemnification. The broad difference-in-conditions (DIC) wording in the Side A DIC policy responds to many coverage gaps and restrictive underlying terms often found in other policies.
On an excess basis, DIC coverage responds above directors and officers / company reimbursement or directors and officers-only policies. May also respond above directors and officers / company reimbursement policies including fiduciary liability.
US public and private companies
Typical Information Required
- Policy is fully non-rescindable
- Full severability of application and exclusions
- Non-cancelable except for nonpayment of premium
- Advance of defense costs
- Full punitive damages coverage (no need to purchase an offshore wrap)
- Specific coverage for trustees, officers, directors or employees of insured’s employee benefit program
- No ERISA exclusion
- No pollution exclusion
- Insured vs. insured exclusion is not applicable outside US or Canada or in the event of bankruptcy during policy period
- Insured vs. insured exclusion does not apply to claims brought by or on behalf of a bankruptcy or insolvency trustee
- Insured vs. insured exclusion does not apply to defense costs
- A carve-out in the bodily injury/property damage exclusion covers shareholder suits and pollution claims
- Bodily injury/property damage exclusion does not exclude emotional distress or mental anguish
- Bodily injury/property damage exclusion does not apply to claims against directors
- Primary and excess coverage available
This general product description is informational only. It is neither an offer to sell nor a solicitation to purchase any particular insurance product. Products are subject to legal and underwriting requirements. Coverages may not be available in all jurisdictions, including without limitation any jurisdiction within the United States, and may be available only through appropriately licensed producers. In addition, GAPS’s provision of publications or services is not an indication of the existence or availability under any policy of coverage for any particular property or type of loss or damage. Policies underwritten from Bermuda, Brazil, Canada, China, Mexico, Switzerland, or written by XL Insurance Company SE are only available through non US-based brokers. The Insurance companies of XL Group Ltd are: Catlin Insurance Company, Inc., Catlin Indemnity Company, Catlin Specialty Insurance Company, Greenwich Insurance Company, Indian Harbor Insurance Company, XL Insurance America, Inc., XL Specialty Insurance Company, XL Bermuda Ltd, XL Insurance Company SE, XL Insurance Switzerland Ltd, XL Insurance (China) Company Limited, XL Seguros Brasil S.A. and XL Insurance Mexico SA de CV. Coverages placed with Lloyd’s Syndicate #2003 are managed by Catlin Underwriting Agencies Limited and supported by XL Catlin corporate capital. Additional important information regarding our business is provided on our Legal Notices page.