- Any one event: up to GBP 25 million, costs inclusive
- Any one event: offshore sub-limit GBP 5 million, costs inclusive
- Any one event: terrorism sub-limit GBP 5 million, costs inclusive
We cover the legal liability of the insured to pay compensation and claimant’s costs and expenses in the event of bodily injury which includes death, illness and disease caused during the period of insurance to any employee and arising out of and in the course of his/her employment by the insured in the business.
This is a compulsory class of business in the UK, and XL Catlin issues policies and certificates to meet legal requirements.
- Multinational and large national companies with risk management orientation
Typical Information Required
- Minimum five-year loss history (confirmed claims experience from holding insurer)
- List of all claims
- Summaries of claims outstanding exceeding GBP 25,000
- Details of any disease exposure
- Description of operations
- Estimated annual payroll plus at least five years’ actual figures, all split
between clerical and manual • Number of employees at three largest locations
- Information on action taken on risk management and health and safety of employees
- Additional requirements for offshore and accumulation risks
Benefits & Services
- Dedicated claims professionals with deep claims handling expertise for employers
- Flexibility with third-party claims adjusters
Limits On Product
This general product description is informational only. It is neither an offer to sell nor a solicitation to purchase any particular insurance product. Products are subject to legal and underwriting requirements. Coverages may not be available in all jurisdictions, including without limitation any jurisdiction within the United States, and may be available only through appropriately licensed producers. In addition, GAPS’s provision of publications or services is not an indication of the existence or availability under any policy of coverage for any particular property or type of loss or damage. Policies underwritten from Bermuda, Brazil, Canada, China, Mexico, Switzerland, or written by XL Insurance Company SE are only available through non US-based brokers. The Insurance companies of XL Group Ltd are: Catlin Insurance Company, Inc., Catlin Indemnity Company, Catlin Specialty Insurance Company, Greenwich Insurance Company, Indian Harbor Insurance Company, XL Insurance America, Inc., XL Specialty Insurance Company, XL Bermuda Ltd, XL Insurance Company SE, XL Insurance Switzerland Ltd, XL Insurance (China) Company Limited, XL Seguros Brasil S.A. and XL Insurance Mexico SA de CV. Coverages placed with Lloyd’s Syndicate #2003 are managed by Catlin Underwriting Agencies Limited and supported by XL Catlin corporate capital. Additional important information regarding our business is provided on our Legal Notices page.