With nearly 20 years of insurance industry experience, Matt leads a team devoted to helping our clients recover from pollution incidents and overcome other environmental liability concerns.
- Contractor's Pollution Legal Liability (Environmental) - Global
- General Liability (Surplus Lines) - North America
- Property - Inland Marine
- Workers Compensation - North America
- Property/Inland Marine - Environmental
- Financial Assurance for Closure/Post-Closure (Environmental) - North America
- Pollution & Remediation Legal Liability (PARLL) (Environmental) – North America
- Professional and Contractor's Pollution Legal Liability (Environmental) - North America
- Contractor's Protective Indemnity Endorsement (Environmental) - North America
- Real Estate Lenders Policy (Environmental) - North America
- Commercial Automobile Liability and Physical Damage (Environmental) - North America
- Commercial General Liability (Environmental) - North America
- Umbrella (Environmental) - North America
- Construction and Design
- Food and Drink
- Industrial Materials, Goods and Services
- Professional Services
- Public Sector, Education and Culture
- Real Estate
- AmericasCanada, United States
Matt is the president of our North America Environmental Insurance business. He oversees environmental underwriting, field operations and sales and marketing for the US and Canada. Since joining XL Group in 2004, he has also served as our head of Environmental Underwriting Operations and manager of the Environmental Commercial Business unit.
Matt holds an MBA degree with a specialization in finance and a Bachelor of Arts degree in economics from Villanova University and a Master of Science in Education degree from the University of Pennsylvania’s Graduate School of Education, where he currently serves on the Board of Overseers. He is a Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter, an Associate in Reinsurance, a Registered Professional Liability Underwriter and a Construction Risk and Insurance Specialist. Matt is also a member of the Alumni Advisory Group of the Initiative for Global Environmental Leadership at the University of Pennsylvania Wharton School of Business and serves on the Leadership Council of the CPCU Society.
This expert profile is informational only. It is neither an offer to sell nor a solicitation to purchase any particular insurance product. Products are subject to legal and underwriting requirements. Coverages may not be available in all jurisdictions, including without limitation any jurisdiction within the United States, and may be available only through appropriately licensed producers. In addition, XL GAPS’s provision of publications or services is not an indication of the existence or availability under any policy of coverage for any particular property or type of loss or damage. Policies underwritten from Bermuda, Brazil, China, Mexico, Switzerland, or written by XL Insurance Company SE are only available through non US-based brokers. The Insurance companies of XL Group Ltd are: Catlin Indemnity Company, Catlin Insurance Company, Inc., Catlin Specialty Insurance Company, Greenwich Insurance Company, Indian Harbor Insurance Company, XL Insurance America, Inc., XL Specialty Insurance Company, XL Insurance Company of New York Inc., XL Bermuda Ltd, XL Insurance Company SE, XL Insurance Switzerland Ltd, XL Insurance (China) Company Limited, XL Seguros Brasil S.A., T.H.E Insurance Company and XL Insurance Mexico SA de CV. Coverages placed with Lloyd’s Syndicate #1209 are managed by Catlin Underwriting Agencies Limited and supported by XL corporate capital; coverages underwritten by Lloyd’s Syndicate #2003 are placed on behalf of the member of Syndicate #2003 by Catlin Canada Inc. and Catlin Insurance Services, Inc. For a complete listing of the US companies and for more information about our Lloyd’s operations see our Legal Notices page.