Treaty: Pro rata (quota share & surplus); excess of loss (on both losses occurring and risks attaching during) and aggregate covers, coverage/treaty limits on sum insured basis or Probable Maximum Loss (PML) basis.
Facultative: Pro rata or Excess of Loss
Typical Ceding Company:
We provide capacity on a worldwide basis to cedants/clients with local, regional and global risk portfolios.
Our portfolio appetite will include the following classes:
– Construction/Contractors All Risks (CAR)
– Engineering/Erection All Risks (EAR)
– Advanced Loss of Profits (ALOP) / Delay in Start Up (DSU)
– Third Party Liability in connection with CAR/EAR
– Machinery Breakdown/Business Interruption, Industrial All Risk
– Operational Risk for Energy
– Contractor’s Plant and Equipment
– Computer & Electronic Equipment
– Deterioration of Stock
– Inherent Defect Insurance/Decennial Insurance
Our experience is broad, including but not limited to projects in the following sectors:
– Commercial and industrial construction projects (hospitals, hotels, office, manufacturing, residential, retail, schools, warehouses)
– Infrastructure/civil works (airports, bridges, electrical, pipelines, railway lines, roads, telecommunications)
– Oil & Gas
– Power generation - fossil fuel, hydroelectric plants, nuclear plants, renewables
– Industrial plants (food, cement, pulp & paper)
Territorial coverage: Worldwide
Our dedicated underwriters strive to be open to new ideas, concepts and innovative ways for the design of engineering & construction treaties & facultative risks.
This general product description is informational only. It is neither an offer to sell nor a solicitation to purchase any particular (re)insurance product. Products are subject to legal and underwriting requirements. Coverages may not be available in all jurisdictions, including without limitation any jurisdiction within the United States, and may be available only through appropriately licensed producers. In addition, XL GAPS’s provision of publications or services is not an indication of the existence or availability under any insurance policy or reinsurance contract of coverage for any particular property or type of loss or damage. Insurance policies underwritten from Bermuda are only available through non US-based brokers.Additional important information regarding our business is provided on our Legal Notices page.