I’ve been privileged to work in many different reinsurance lines, across nearly all international jurisdictions, with recent years focused primarily on the London and International markets. My current role is a broad one, focused on specialty business, which encompasses all lines. This is unique and encourages me to maximize the benefits of our global network.
I serve as a Specialty Underwriter, overseeing multiple Specialty lines ranging from onshore energy, nuclear, terrorism, political risk and trade credit to strategic Lloyd’s corporate trade capital investments, as well as multiline structured products. I’m also a Managing Director on XL Catlin’s Leadership Council.
I joined the Company in 1992 and was part of the Mid Ocean Re formation team. In 2006 I took the position of General Manager of the London branch of XL Re Europe Ltd and was based in London. In that role I was responsible for a portfolio of marine, aviation, non-casualty treaty and property facultative business. I was also a member of the XL Re Europe Ltd Executive Team. In 2012 I assumed responsibility for International Property and Specialty lines for XL Re Ltd (now XL Bermuda Ltd following its amalgamation with XL Insurance (Bermuda) Ltd) in Bermuda and joined its board.
I am Bermudian and hold the Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter (CPCU) designation.
Recent Activities and Publications
- 1982 – 1990: Bermuda Insurance Institute Young Members. President 1988 - 1990
- 1990 – 2005: Bermuda Insurance Institute Council, President 2001 - 2003
- 1991 – 2000: Bermuda Independent Underwriters Association, Treasurer 1991 – 1997, President 1997 – 2000
- 1997 – 2001: Bermuda Chapter of C.P.C.U., Treasurer.
- 2007 - 2012: Appointed to the Board: International Underwriting Association (IUA), London
- 2010 - 2012: Appointed to the Board: London Market Group (LMG), London
- 2011 - 2012: Appointed Chair: Non Bureau Working Group (LMG), London
- 2014: Appointed to the Board: Bermuda Foundation for Insurance Studies (BFIS)
- 2015: Appointed to the Board: Bermuda Underwater Exploration Institute (BUEI)