– Up to USD 200 million per risk
– Up to 20 years
Doing business internationally can be tough when things go wrong. XL Catlin’s political risk insurance protects businesses worldwide against losses in a range of situations from government embargoes and license cancellations to non-payment and delivery issues. We cover individual contracts and groups of transactions, whether short, medium or long-term. And we can tailor policy wordings to a specific transaction.
– Contracts with governments, public sector bodies and some private sector transactions
– License cancellation
– Import and export embargoes
– Unfair/fair calling of advance payment or performance guarantees
– Non-cancellable cover
– Non-repayment of an advance payment following non-delivery of goods
– Non-honoring of parental guarantee
– Non-honoring of a letter of credit
– Non-honoring of an arbitration award following unfair calling of a bond
– US political risk insurance policies written on an admitted or non-admitted basis
Large corporations, both public and private, involved in foreign direct investment, cross-border lending or international business, primarily in emerging markets across a variety of industries
– Global financial institutions
– Commodity traders
– Engineering/procurement/construction contractors
Typical Information Required
– Summary of the financing transaction to be covered, including the purpose of the financing, tenor, amortization, security structure/collateral and pricing
– Most recent three years financial statements for the obligor/guarantor
– Summary of the insured’s experience doing business with the obligor and in the obligor’s country
– Coverages being requested and tenor requirements
Benefits & Services
– Capability to issue policies from the US, UK, Singapore, Bermuda, Canada, Brazil, Australia and Insurance segment's Lloyd’s syndicate 2003 to accommodate licensing and geographical location requirements.
– Underwriting locations in New York, London, Singapore, Hamilton, Toronto, Brazil and Sydney provide local, same-time zone access to our global capabilities.
This general product description is informational only. It is neither an offer to sell nor a solicitation to purchase any particular insurance product. Products are subject to legal and underwriting requirements. Coverages may not be available in all jurisdictions, including without limitation any jurisdiction within the United States, and may be available only through appropriately licensed producers. In addition, GAPS’s provision of publications or services is not an indication of the existence or availability under any policy of coverage for any particular property or type of loss or damage. Policies underwritten from Bermuda, Brazil, Canada, China, Mexico, Switzerland, or written by XL Insurance Company SE are only available through non US-based brokers. The Insurance companies of XL Group Ltd are: Catlin Insurance Company, Inc., Catlin Indemnity Company, Catlin Specialty Insurance Company, Greenwich Insurance Company, Indian Harbor Insurance Company, XL Insurance America, Inc., XL Specialty Insurance Company, XL Bermuda Ltd, XL Insurance Company SE, XL Insurance Switzerland Ltd, XL Insurance (China) Company Limited, XL Seguros Brasil S.A. and XL Insurance Mexico SA de CV. Coverages placed with Lloyd’s Syndicate #2003 are managed by Catlin Underwriting Agencies Limited and supported by XL Catlin corporate capital. Additional important information regarding our business is provided on our Legal Notices page.