CapacityUp to USD 200 million any one occurrence.
The onshore energy account has an appetite for downstream energy, midstream energy and power generation risks.
Coverages provided to the onshore assets of our clients include but not limited to:
All risk property damage, boiler explosion/machinery breakdown and resulting time element caused by a vapour cloud explosion, a fire, or a Natural catastrophe like wind, earthquake and flood.
Our underwriting is based on prudent product development through the application of appropriate technical underwriting discipline.
Our focus is to be a globally recognized market leader providing specialty lines products and services for the Energy sector. Our team of highly experienced underwriters, engineers and claim staff provide the highest levels of customer service to our clients through our expertise, trust and transparency.
This class of business is written from our offices around the world.
We write accounts varying from single locations to multinational companies with a global spread of risk.
– Electric utilities principally engaged in generating, transmitting or distributing electric power.
– Electric utilities include investor-owned utilities, publicly owned utilities, municipalities or cooperatives.
– Additionally: refineries, petrochemical plants, gas companies, pipelines and storage terminals.
Typical Information Required
– Schedule of values (by location) – Five-year loss record – Policy terms/coverages required – Location engineering information and surveys
Benefits & Services
– Property loss prevention services from XL GAPS, as well as specialist risk engineering for both power utilities & oil and gas – Flexible underwriting – Globally recognised market leader – Proactive attitude towards claims
Limits On Product
This general product description is informational only. It is neither an offer to sell nor a solicitation to purchase any particular insurance product. Products are subject to legal and underwriting requirements. Coverages may not be available in all jurisdictions, including without limitation any jurisdiction within the United States, and may be available only through appropriately licensed producers. In addition, GAPS’s provision of publications or services is not an indication of the existence or availability under any policy of coverage for any particular property or type of loss or damage. Policies underwritten from Bermuda, Brazil, Canada, China, Mexico, Switzerland, or written by XL Insurance Company SE are only available through non US-based brokers. The Insurance companies of XL Group Ltd are: Catlin Insurance Company, Inc., Catlin Indemnity Company, Catlin Specialty Insurance Company, Greenwich Insurance Company, Indian Harbor Insurance Company, XL Insurance America, Inc., XL Specialty Insurance Company, XL Bermuda Ltd, XL Insurance Company SE, XL Insurance Switzerland Ltd, XL Insurance (China) Company Limited, XL Seguros Brasil S.A. and XL Insurance Mexico SA de CV. Coverages placed with Lloyd’s Syndicate #2003 are managed by Catlin Underwriting Agencies Limited and supported by XL Catlin corporate capital. Additional important information regarding our business is provided on our Legal Notices page.