- Thermography: While your facility is in full operation, we can document problem areas in your electrical and mechanical equipment with infrared imaging equipment.
- Roofing inspection: Infrared testing of roofing systems can locate water damaged areas and identify emerging problems before they become costly. A quick, accurate and nondestructive thermographic inspection may also eliminate unnecessary roof replacement.
Within two business days of the inspection, we send you a report of our recommended corrective actions, including computer-enhanced photos of problem areas. We also meet with you to review and discuss our findings.
We use high pitch frequencies to check for pressure and vacuum leaks, electrical emissions, bearing failure, motor failure, underground leaks, steam traps and more.
Natural Catastrophe Analysis
- Windstorm (hurricanes/tornadoes): We analyze your facilities and their surroundings and help you prevent damage and develop pre-emergency plans. We can also collect secondary modifiers which are critical for RMS modeling and help you better understand your exposures.
- Earthquake: We can help you determine the potential impact of seismic events, improve emergency preparedness and develop a continuity plan.
- Flood: Using flood maps and zones identified by government agencies, we help identify facilities that may be prone to flooding, provide potential loss estimates and assist in the facilities planning to mitigate losses and continue operations.
- Other natural hazards: We can help you review other natural hazards like landslides, subsidence (sinkholes), unstable soils, freezing, arctic freezing, volcanism and excessive roof loads due to weather-related incidents.
Property Loss Investigations
We can help determine the root causes of a loss and assist you in creating a strategy to help prevent similar losses in the future.
We offer 24-hour loss prevention advice to minimize risks when fire protection or surveillance systems are taken out of service for maintenance, testing, replacement or any other reason.
Computer-Aided Design (CAD) Drawings
We can create drawings of the construction and protection features of your facilities.
Recommendation Cost Benefit Analysis
We can help you estimate the loss and completion costs for each recommendation.
We can provide photos to document the condition referenced by each recommendation to help you evaluate potential solutions.
Business Impact Analysis
Our engineers can help identify critical equipment and processes in your facilities that may affect your ability to deliver products and services to the market. We can help develop business continuity plans for local sites or for your entire organization.
Commodity and Full Scale Fire Testing at UL
Through our relationship with UL, we can help you develop and execute plans for a full scale fire test to determine whether or not your existing fire protection is adequate. This testing has saved our customers millions of dollars and helped justify major capital improvement projects.
We include access to online documentation and related analytical reports through MyAnalysis with all of our services.
This general product description is informational only. It is neither an offer to sell nor a solicitation to purchase any particular insurance product. Products are subject to legal and underwriting requirements. Coverages may not be available in all jurisdictions, including without limitation any jurisdiction within the United States, and may be available only through appropriately licensed producers. In addition, GAPS’s provision of publications or services is not an indication of the existence or availability under any policy of coverage for any particular property or type of loss or damage. Policies underwritten from Bermuda, Brazil, Canada, China, Mexico, Switzerland, or written by XL Insurance Company SE are only available through non US-based brokers. The Insurance companies of XL Group Ltd are: Catlin Insurance Company, Inc., Catlin Indemnity Company, Catlin Specialty Insurance Company, Greenwich Insurance Company, Indian Harbor Insurance Company, XL Insurance America, Inc., XL Specialty Insurance Company, XL Bermuda Ltd, XL Insurance Company SE, XL Insurance Switzerland Ltd, XL Insurance (China) Company Limited, XL Seguros Brasil S.A. and XL Insurance Mexico SA de CV. Coverages placed with Lloyd’s Syndicate #2003 are managed by Catlin Underwriting Agencies Limited and supported by XL Catlin corporate capital. Additional important information regarding our business is provided on our Legal Notices page.