Up to USD 15 Million
Coverage available on a primary or excess basis.
Includes comprehensive coverage for Cyber, Technology Errors and Omissions Liability and Media such as:
- Privacy & Security Liability
- Data Breach Response and Crisis Management
- Privacy Regulatory Defense Costs and coverage for any
- Fines and penalties assessed
- Business Interruption and Extra Expense
- Data Recovery
- Cyber Extortion
Coverage available in United States and Canada
What makes our policy different?
Our policy form is written in a way that is easy to read and navigate with embedded hyperlinks. Our policy includes broader terms and expanded coverage for emerging risks.
More specifically, the policy provides for:
- A broadened technology services and products definition with the ability to customize any other professional services
- Coverage extends to outsourced providers, including cloud providers, and provides coverage for the acts of rogue employees
- Broad media coverage includes both online and offline content, including content published on social media
- Expanded privacy and security coverage to include confidential business information in addition to personally identifiable information and protected health information
- Broad definition of personally identifiable information (PII) includes unencrypted information
- Enhanced privacy regulatory coverage including amounts paid into consumer redress funds as well as any fines and penalties assessed
- One coverage grant for data breach response and crisis management costs, including voluntary notification and the costs of a PCI forensic investigator to conduct an audit after a breach or suspected breach
- Coverage for PCI fines and assessments available by endorsement
- Insured has the option to use an XL Catlin-approved vendor or to select their preferred vendor
- Softened Hammer Clause included in base form
- Notice of claim limited to select executive officers
- Data breach response and crisis management costs are offered on an aggregate basis or with a dedicated additional limit subject to a capped amount
- Exceptions to the Breach of Contract Exclusion including negligent performance of technology services or professional services, breach of confidentiality provisions and violations of intellectual property rights
Data Breach Response Partners
As part of your XL Catlin Cyber insurance policy, you’ll have access to best-in-class firms that specialize in:
- Computer Forensics
- Data Breach Notification and Call Center Services
- Credit and ID monitoring
- Expert legal counsel
- Public Relations
Policyholders also have access to XL Catlin’s online resource, CyberRiskIQ.com to learn more about cyber-security readiness and incident response services.
Retail, financial institutions, healthcare, hospitality, professional services firms, manufacturers, higher education institutions, power and utility companies, technology companies, telecommunications companies, IT consultants, internet companies and more.
Typical Information Required
Completed application, Claims history and Financial Data may be required.
Information and Research
This general product description is informational only. It is neither an offer to sell nor a solicitation to purchase any particular insurance product. Products are subject to legal and underwriting requirements. Coverages may not be available in all jurisdictions, including without limitation any jurisdiction within the United States, and may be available only through appropriately licensed producers. In addition, GAPS’s provision of publications or services is not an indication of the existence or availability under any policy of coverage for any particular property or type of loss or damage. Policies underwritten from Bermuda, Brazil, Canada, China, Mexico, Switzerland, or written by XL Insurance Company SE are only available through non US-based brokers. The Insurance companies of XL Group Ltd are: Catlin Insurance Company, Inc., Catlin Indemnity Company, Catlin Specialty Insurance Company, Greenwich Insurance Company, Indian Harbor Insurance Company, XL Insurance America, Inc., XL Specialty Insurance Company, XL Bermuda Ltd, XL Insurance Company SE, XL Insurance Switzerland Ltd, XL Insurance (China) Company Limited, XL Seguros Brasil S.A. and XL Insurance Mexico SA de CV. Coverages placed with Lloyd’s Syndicate #2003 are managed by Catlin Underwriting Agencies Limited and supported by XL Catlin corporate capital. Additional important information regarding our business is provided on our Legal Notices page.