Motor fleet insurance premiums can be cripplingly high. This is because the primary factor insurers consider when setting premiums is claims costs.
Fleet operators rely on their drivers’ professionalism to drive in a safe and responsible manner so the correct use of the right telematics system allows the fleet manager to encourage a safer working environment and therefore provide an aid to reducing claims costs and future premiums.
The key elements of driver behaviour which often results in higher accident frequency are:
• Persistent speeding
• Excessive acceleration
• Persistent heavy braking
• Harsh cornering
The benefits of Telematics
• Pin-points the position of every vehicle throughout its working day
• Up to 10% saved on fuel bills
• Introduces a safe driving culture
• Allows managers to set their own driving standard benchmarks
• Allows managers to arrange internal driver training by utilising the skills of their best drivers
• Reduces business and vehicle downtime
• Claims costs can be significantly reduced
• Premiums can be lowered considerably
There are a number of devices or combination of devices available. We will help our clients find the best solution for their business. Telematics is not about insurers making demands on its policyholders it is simply an option offered to clients to allow them to have more control of their insurance costs.
Combinations of Telematics and Cameras available
Newly developed software may allow us to calibrate your existing telemetry for insurance purposes.
A comprehensive choice of corrective driver safety programmes available to suit your specific needs and preferences.
This is not a ‘one size fits all’ but a package tailored to each company’s requirements. Most insurance brokers will be able to provide you with an XL Catlin Telematics and Insurance Package quotation.
Contact us at CatlinFleet@xlcatlin.com for more information or call 0207 220 8433.