For design professionals—win or lose—the cost of litigation can be devastating to your practice unless you are properly insured. That’s why adding EPL coverage to your XL Catlin Professional Liability policy makes good sense. We’ve served the A/E/C industry for over 40 years and have an in-depth understanding of the risks you face. Our EPL coverage is another way we can help protect your assets and your reputation with the financial strength to pay claims, and a commitment to long-term business partnerships.
Not just a policy. A partner.
Could this happen to you?
Read some claims scenarios
Capacity• Limits starting at USD $50K up to USD $1M for Employment Practices Liability, including third-party coverage
• Dedicated limits, separate from your professional liability limit
• Additional limits and coverage options available on a standalone basis from the XL Catlin’s Private Commercial team, up to USD $5M
Offering the convenience of one policy, this coverage is available as an endorsement with dedicated limits, separate from your professional liability limit.
• Wrongful Termination
• Failure to Hire
• Broad definition of Insured
• Broad definition of Employment Practices Wrongful Act
• Definition of Damages includes back and front pay, pre- and post-judgment interest, multiplied damages and attorneys’ fees
• Defense for ADA and written employee contract claims
• Third-party coverage for claims from non-employees
Benefits & Services
• EPL Loss Prevention Hotline for quick access to EPL attorneys who can answer your questions.
• Access to XL Catlin Employment Practices Liability Risk Management resources through the convenience of XL Catlin’s Learning Management System (LMS)
Industry-leading claims service
Our Employment Practices Liability claims team is comprised of seasoned professionals who understand the intricacies of EPL claims. Our approved law firms specialize in EPL and are dedicated to providing clients with superior advice and service to help navigate the complicated landscape of EPL. We partner with you to a reach a successful outcome.
This general product description is informational only. It is neither an offer to sell nor a solicitation to purchase any particular insurance product. Products are subject to legal and underwriting requirements. Coverages may not be available in all jurisdictions, including without limitation any jurisdiction within the United States, and may be available only through appropriately licensed producers. In addition, GAPS’s provision of publications or services is not an indication of the existence or availability under any policy of coverage for any particular property or type of loss or damage. Policies underwritten from Bermuda, Brazil, Canada, China, Mexico, Switzerland, or written by XL Insurance Company SE are only available through non US-based brokers. The Insurance companies of XL Group Ltd are: Catlin Insurance Company, Inc., Catlin Indemnity Company, Catlin Specialty Insurance Company, Greenwich Insurance Company, Indian Harbor Insurance Company, XL Insurance America, Inc., XL Specialty Insurance Company, XL Bermuda Ltd, XL Insurance Company SE, XL Insurance Switzerland Ltd, XL Insurance (China) Company Limited, XL Seguros Brasil S.A. and XL Insurance Mexico SA de CV. Coverages placed with Lloyd’s Syndicate #2003 are managed by Catlin Underwriting Agencies Limited and supported by XL Catlin corporate capital. Additional important information regarding our business is provided on our Legal Notices page.