Li Lian Soong
During my more than 20 years in the (re)insurance industry, I’ve held a number of senior underwriting and claims positions in different product lines throughout the Asia-Pacific region, but property has always been my specialty. Now, as the Underwriting Manager of XL Catlin’s Asia Property team, I’m able to use my expertise to find ideal solutions for clients’ complex risks.
Talk with me about these products we offer
My experience covers a variety of industries. How can I help?
- Aviation and Aerospace
- Consumer Goods and Services
- Industrial Materials, Goods and Services
- Food and Drink
- Healthcare and Life Sciences
- IT and Telecom
- Professional Services
- Public Sector, Education and Culture
- Real Estate
My Geographic Focus
- Asia PacificAfghanistan, Australia, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, China, Fiji, French Polynesia, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Kiribati, Korea, South, Laos, Macao, Malaysia, Maldives, Marshall Islands, Micronesia, Mongolia, New Caledonia, New Zealand, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Phillipines, Samoa, Samoa, American, Singapore, Solomon, Islands, Sri Lanka (ex Ceilan), Taiwan, Thailand, Timor Leste (West), Tonga, Vanuatu, Vietnam
- EMEAArmenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, United Arab Emirates, Uzbekistan
After graduating with a Bachelor of Business degree from Nanyang Technological University in Singapore, I started out my career at Johnson & Higgins and have since worked with Zurich, RSA, AIG, Talbot Syndicate and Aspen Re. I’ve also been an Associate of the Chartered Insurance Institute since 1996.
With this extensive experience in the (re)insurance industry, I’m able to achieve top results for my clients and am dedicated to helping them to unlock potential opportunities.
This expert profile is informational only. It is neither an offer to sell nor a solicitation to purchase any particular insurance product. Products are subject to legal and underwriting requirements. Coverages may not be available in all jurisdictions, including without limitation any jurisdiction within the United States, and may be available only through appropriately licensed producers. In addition, XL GAPS’s provision of publications or services is not an indication of the existence or availability under any policy of coverage for any particular property or type of loss or damage. Policies underwritten from Bermuda, Brazil, China, Mexico, Switzerland, or written by XL Insurance Company SE are only available through non US-based brokers. The Insurance companies of XL Group Ltd are: Catlin Indemnity Company, Catlin Insurance Company, Inc., Catlin Specialty Insurance Company, Greenwich Insurance Company, Indian Harbor Insurance Company, XL Insurance America, Inc., XL Specialty Insurance Company, XL Insurance Company of New York Inc., XL Bermuda Ltd, XL Insurance Company SE, XL Insurance Switzerland Ltd, XL Insurance (China) Company Limited, XL Seguros Brasil S.A., T.H.E Insurance Company and XL Insurance Mexico SA de CV. Coverages placed with Lloyd’s Syndicate #1209 are managed by Catlin Underwriting Agencies Limited and supported by XL corporate capital; coverages underwritten by Lloyd’s Syndicate #2003 are placed on behalf of the member of Syndicate #2003 by Catlin Canada Inc. and Catlin Insurance Services, Inc. For a complete listing of the US companies and for more information about our Lloyd’s operations see our Legal Notices page.